San Diego Domestic Violence Lawyer
Are you looking to hire an experienced, affordable, and one of the best San Diego domestic violence lawyer law office? Our San Diego domestic violence attorney with years of experience helps residents of all SD county communities in all types of misdemeanor & felony dv defense matters . Our legal team are respected by judges, prosecutors, and other legal professionals.
It is easy to have a domestic abuse charge slapped on to the accused in San Diego county, California where its domestic violence laws are thick and heavy to breathe on offenders. The California laws on domestic violence are comprehensive in many areas to protect those who are abused at home especially the dependents and under-privileged.
However, there are cases where wrong accusations arise which require skilled defense lawyers in town to set the record straight through a thorough investigation of the real incident.
Scope of California Domestic Violence
California boasts of a strong covering over the weak and the abused at home where fights and squabbles become uncontrollable to turn into physical violence and abuse. When this happens, innocent individuals get hurt physically, mentally and emotionally especially if this is not the first incidence.
Many domestically abused individuals seldom report their dire situation until it is too late with many victims suffering in silence for fear of further intimidation and public embarrassment. A lot of education is required to help give these victims and other potential domestic violence sufferers an understanding of their rights to stop the abuse on themselves.
The right education on domestic violence could:-
- strengthen the sufferers’ self-confidence
- nurse their emotions and hurts
- give them better options to resolve the situation
- seek proper professional help from legal and psychological avenues
- help sufferers consider immediate actions to stop the violence
California domestic violence laws cover:
- criminal threat
These criminal laws are categorized as domestic violence in San Jose, California when the alleged victim is:
- current or previous spouse
- dating partner
- parent of abuser’s child
Greater penalties would be incurred when the case is charged under the California domestic violence laws where the allegation is considered more intense.
Prosecution Process on DV
As domestic violence is viewed seriously in SD county and every district attorney’s office has a unit of prosecutors that is dedicated to handle such cases. These assigned prosecutors are skilled in prosecuting domestic violence offenders with harsh punishments upon convictions by the court.
Such cases proceed with fervor by the prosecution to take the offender into stride. The prosecution would liaise with the law enforcement department that made the arrest of the alleged offender.
Even first-time domestic violence offenders are not getting away lightly with the protective law in the state to cover innocent victims.
1) Solid evidence would be garnered especially notable bruises and physical harm on the alleged victim’s body.
2) Emotional and mental health could be evaluated by professional psychologists or psychiatrists to prove emotional and mental abuses arising from abuses by the one who was to be the protector and caregiver.
3) Credible witnesses would be interviewed and confirmed on the reality of the domestic violence on the alleged victims.
4) Character references and criminal history of the alleged defendant would be conducted to verify potential occurrence of domestic abuses.
Handling False Allegations of Domestic Abuse
It may be difficult to argue against the alleged victim who has proof of physical bruises and hurt to counter such charges. The accuser may make a false allegation out of:
- deranged mind or emotions
- gain the upper hand in an impending divorce
- an attempt to secure child custody
Contact Best San Diego Domestic Violence Attorney Legal Team With High Reviews For 24/7 Free Defense Consultation
Please contact us for free consultation today
Cities We Cover SD County
We handle cases all over SD cities and courts. If your city is not here do not assume that we can’t help you:
Use This Email Form To Contact
The San Diego County Domestic Violence Defense Pros
2820 Camino Del Rio, Suite 110, San Diego, CA 92108